- Born in Smackover, Arkansas in 1967.
- Graduated in 1985 from Clarksville High School, Clarksville, Texas.
- Graduated Cum Laude as a Fulbright College Honors Scholar from University of Arkansas, Fayetteville in 1989.
- Taught High School and Middle School English and French, and coached football, baseball, and basketball from 1989-2004 in Tucson, Arizona; Northwest Arkansas; and Baytown, Texas.
- Moved to Humboldt County in February, 1996.
- Worked as a music and youth pastor in Tucson, Arizona and Arcata, California from 1994 to 2004.
- Married Janine Davis Kingery on April 16, 1997.
- Raised 8 children; 2 boys and 6 girls.
- Licensed in California in 2004
- As of 2020 I've sold over 275 homes worth over $70M.
- Served on the Humboldt Association of Realtors' Government Relations Committee as both a member and chairman.
- Served on Eureka's Planning Commission as a commissioner and chairman.
Buying or selling a home is the largest single financial transaction most people ever make. It's a complicated process conducted in the foreign language of "legalese" and laced with many pitfalls for the unsuspecting home buyer or seller to get tripped up. It is a waste of time for people to try to become experts on real estate transactions for the 2 or 3 times they might buy or sell a home over their lifetimes, yet it's such a big and important step that everyone needs to have an assurance that they are doing the right thing at the right time. I encourage every potential home buyer or seller to find a real estate agent that they can trust, an expert in the field that can negotiate the legalities and pitfalls of the real estate transaction and ensure that the client doesn't get surprised by anything; someone of impeccable character who can be trusted to steward the largest financial deal most people ever make. This is the kind of Realtor I try to be.
I want my clients to know that I have their best interest as my first and only priority. I listen carefully to their wants and desires, and help them "shop around" until they have found the perfect home or home buyer for them. I work hard to increase my skill in navigating the intricacies of real estate transactions. And I thoroughly enjoy the process of communicating with my clients until all of their questions are answered and they have peace about every step on the road to realizing their real estate dreams. I don't want my clients to simply get into a house; I want every one of my clients to enjoy the thrill and excitement of purchasing and moving into their dream home.
Janine and I bought our house in 1997. Four of our eight kids were brought home from the hospital to our house. All eight have left reminders of the stages through which they have grown in the fabric of our house. (Many would not come out with Goo-gone even!) It has truly become our home. I still look back with respect, admiration and gratitude to the Realtor who helped us purchase our home. That's the kind of Realtor I want to be for you.